The FMCSA will hold a listening session in Reno, Nevada on September 22nd at 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
National Automobile Museum
10 South Lake Street
Reno, NV 89501
The four specific areas under consideration for revision and two petitions include:
- Expanding the current 100 air-mile “short-haul” exemption from 12 hours on-duty to 14 hours on-duty, in order to be consistent with the rules for long-haul truck drivers;
- Extending the current 14-hour on-duty limitation by up to two hours when a truck driver encounters adverse driving conditions;
- Revising the current mandatory 30-minute break for truck drivers after 8-hours of continuous driving; and
- Reinstating the option for splitting up the required 10-hour off-duty rest break for drivers operating trucks that are equipped with a sleeper-berth compartment.
- Petitions received from the Owner Operators and Independent Drivers Association and TruckerNation.
Please follow this link to RSVP for this event, and find further information.
The Reno, Nevada listening session will be webcast for the benefit of those not able to attend in person, but still want to participate. This session will allow interested persons to present comments, views, and relevant research on topics mentioned above. All comments will be transcribed and placed in the rulemaking docket for the FMCSA’s consideration.
For questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Bill Cunnane at firstname.lastname@example.org 202-366-0055. We look forward to your participation.